Thursday, November 14, 2013

The Princess Sisters (Princess Sisters #1) by Stacy Lynn Carroll

The Princess Sisters (The Princess Sisters Series)
by Stacy Lynn Carroll
length: 296 pages
file size: 1001 KB
ASIN: B005D5J3I2
Pub date (2nd edition): July 14, 2013
by Pink Frog Press
Current Ebook Price: $2.99
Source: Amazon (I grabbed it during a free promo)



Synopsis (from Goodreads)

The only thing she stands to lose are her shoes. Cinderella is an ordinary teenage girl, with an extraordinary name. But because of that name, she and her cousins, Belle, Aurora, Ariel, and Snow White suffer years of torment from their peers. Then as the girls enter high school and the enticing world of dating, a life-altering decision must be made. Is it finally time to stop fighting, and surrender to the fairy tale clichés that have been holding them back? By embracing their names, the girls discover an inner-strength they never knew existed. And by putting everything they have on the line, maybe, just maybe they will discover there really is such a thing as ‘happily ever after’.

My Thoughts

The concept for this Young Adult book intrigued me. Cousins all named after classic princesses and the challenges that their names present as they grow into young women. While parts of the book worked well, other parts didn't work for me. The story slowed a bit in the middle. I felt like it lost focus for a little while. Then it picked up pace at the end just to stop a bit abruptly. I am sure that my teenage daughter will enjoy the book when she reads it (although I was not happy about a couple of the words used in an other wise clean book), and as this book was written with her age as the intended audience, it has done its job.

My Rating: 3 stars

Content: Clean aside from a few expletives that I felt were out of place.

No comments:

Post a Comment